Online Application Form (use Firefox or Chrome browser only)
Reader's Permit can be applied for maximum 7 days per year. Application takes approximately 1-3 working days to process.
Please apply for Access only membership if you require to use the library for a longer period.
Reader's Permit Application Guidelines:
1) The Reader's Permit application is granted on a case-by-case basis
2) The Reader's Permit does not confer borrowing privileges
3) Due to licensing agreement regulations, Reader's Permit holders have NO access to the NUS Libraries' subscribed electronic resources
4) Certain library facilities and materials, such as Reserve Books / Readings Collection (RBR), are for access by NUS staff and students only
5) All users must observe the photocopying regulations as posted at all photocopying stations
6) This Reader's Permit should be presented whenever library staff conducts membership status checks and when you request for Closed Stacks items
7) NUS Libraries reserves the right to withdraw the Reader's Permit when the RP holder is found to have infringed Library Rules